30 August, 2013

Nails of the Week

I've been moving past glitter nail polishes and been searching out for something a bit more textured, a bit different. I went to Shoppers the other day and found these two babies, and so far it's been beautiful. I bought the Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear nail polish in Lacey Lilac (on sale for $2.50) and the Maybelline Color Show Nail Laquer in Clearly Spotted (for $5.50) from the Polka Dots range. 


There's just something about these two together that I can't quite put my finger on. It could be the fact that I have never owned a lilac or polka dotted polish before, or it could be that they compliment each other so much. The black and white dots both stand out against the purple. Ah, it's beautiful. 

I will say that this polish doesn't last particularly long and tends to chip all over the nail in little patches. I don't think it has anything to do with the Maybelline polish though. Lacey Lilac is super rich and looks creamy and opaque after two coats. Clearly Spotted needs a couple swipes to get the dots even and neatly clustered. 


I just love this combo! It's very different and I can't wait to try Clearly Spotted with an ocean blue or deeper purple nail polish. Also, use polka dotted polishes over formulas without glitter or shimmer! It looks way better. 

p.s. I found this cup at after playing soccer one night! I feel so cool drinking tea out of this thing. 

*These products were purchased by myself with my own money. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all your comments! Although please don't use this as your own advertising space or "follow for follow" spot. Thanks!