15 August, 2013

Squamish Valley Music Festival!

Way back in April or something, my favourite radio station, 102.7 The Peak,  was giving away tickets to a music festival that's not too far from where I live. So on the way to school I decided to call in, just for the heck of it. And I basically freak out when I got through and WON! The whole deal, camping, parking, and weekend passes! So here are a couple photos and things from the festival...

Our tickets, us in of our ghetto tent, Macklemore with Irish Celebration!
I won a pair of tickets so it was me and my boyfriend up in Squamish (which is about an hour drive from Vancouver) for about 3 days. Surrounded by drunk people. Which was fine; all the campers were crammed into a field where everyone was literally inches away from one another. We did have a few awesome neighbours though!

Said the Whale!
I guess I should talk about the music now... The line up was insane! Headlining was Queens of the Stone Age and Vampire Weekend, then there was MACKLEMORE AND RYAN LEWIS, Dan Mangan, Madeon, Said the Whale, Fitz and the Tantrums, Childish Gambino, Dragonette, The Heavy and so many more. Those are the bands that I saw and stuck to but there were so many more. Our days were music and dance filled. 

"The Chief" behind Shanty Tent Town
The city of Squamish was beautiful. Surrounded by mountains and lakes, it was the perfect spot for the festival. I was so thankful that I won tickets, thank you Peak! 

Visit any music festivals this summer? What were your favourite bands to see? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all your comments! Although please don't use this as your own advertising space or "follow for follow" spot. Thanks!