23 May, 2013

Review & Swatch: MAC Humid Eyeshadow

Hello everyone!
I received this eyeshadow as gift from a family member, and even though I hardly wear green I still appreciate the smooth texture and amazing colour. These fully packaged, 1.5g eyeshadows retail for $18CAN, which is pretty darn steep for one eyeshadow. I'm thinking about starting my own MAC palette soon, maybe when I get a bit more cash on hand.
Anyway, let's take a look! 



Company Description: MAC's eyeshadow singles are described as "Highly-pigmented powder. Applies evenly, blends well" and even though I haven't used this much I know that it definitely lives up to its claims. 

Packaging: Simple black MAC packaging. I love their packaging in general, especially their lipsticks.

Colour: This is one of MAC's "Frost" formulas. I stay away from their frost lipsticks because they are way too shimmery for me, but I love the formulation as an eyeshadow! It's a nice deep forest green with very tiny silver and green microshimmer throughout. I just stare at how pretty and, well, forest-y this colour is!  This eyeshadow has amazing colour payoff. Just beautiful. It is a bit nicer with a primer but it's still great on its own.

Texture and Longevity: Humid is extremely smooth feeling (I would say "buttery" but I have no idea what people mean when they say that) and goes on nicely. It just has a perfect texture, it's not too hard but not too soft that it will crumble on you. It wears very well, although I do get creasing after a while. 

Overall: Although I don't wear this colour that much, I fully appreciate this formula and the colour of this eyeshadow! I want to start wearing this, like maybe putting it lightly in my crease..? Who knows. I just totally recommend MAC eyeshadows, if you have the budget that is. Oh, and no parabens or bad stuff!

Ingredients: Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol
Eye Shadows may contain:
Silica, Mice, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Ultramarines, Blue 1 Lake, Red 40 Lake, Yello 5 Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all your comments! Although please don't use this as your own advertising space or "follow for follow" spot. Thanks!