16 July, 2013

Review: Too Faced Shadow Insurance

Another review here! 
This one is for famous Too Faced Shadow Insurance. When it comes to eyeprimers, it should be a must for me what with my oily eyelids and all, but it really isn't. I try to use them as much as possible to prevent my eyeshadow from creasing, and I don't think I'm going to be trying a new one any time soon...



Too Faced is a brand I am generally drawn too, and I don't really know why. It must be their witty name and pretty packaging.. It's always those two. I do find that their eyeshadows are overly glittery and have quite a bit of fallout. Their "Shadow Insurance" comes in five different styles from their normal skin-toned one to a champagne option to one for eye glitter. I have a full-sized original one which was a part of the limited edition Sweet Indulgence palette which I bought at Sephora for $62CAN. (kind of pricey but it's great)


Packaging: The Shadow Insurance comes in a light blue squeeze tube which is so practical! It's easy to store plus I know no product will be wasted.

Colour: As I said, this is a skin-toned eye primer but it blends away to be very sheer and not even noticeable.


Texture and Longevity: It's the texture that is the thing everyone either loves or hates about the eye primer; it's very oily. If left for a while this thing can separate like crazy! But it's nothing a good shake won't fix. Heh. ANYWAY I think the texture is so nice because it glides over my eyelids. This lasts all day, boosts the colour of my eyeshadows, and seriously stops creasing.

The one on the left has no primer and the one of the right does. Just look at that extra depth! (I took this photo at a different time, sorry!)

Overall: This eye primer does everything I expected! It feels amazing and makes my eyeshadows pop. I don't get oily eyelids from it nor do I get creasing! It's a great extra step that I really should put into my routine especially since I wear eyeshadow daily during school. Once I'm done this tube (which is going to take a reaaally long time) I'm going to try other primers but not until I'm done. I love this too much to cheat on it.

Ingredients: Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Triethylhexanoin, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, Mica. (+/-): Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).


Do you have a favourite eye primer? 
Have you tried Too Faced's Shadow Insurance? What's your opinion on it? Please comment!

*This product was purchased by me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all your comments! Although please don't use this as your own advertising space or "follow for follow" spot. Thanks!