21 August, 2013

Recent Captures










I've done some recent harvesting from my family's garden! Picking potatoes is by far my favourite. I go out to the bed with gloves and a two big buckets, one for the potatoes and one for the soon-to-be composted plant. We had quite the potato haul this year, I can't wait for upcoming dinners. Garlic, zucchini, and squash were also ripe for harvesting. 

I also got the amazing opportunity to feed a baby deer while I was babysitting. This little guy's name is Cutie! The owners found him when he was a day or two old and took him in. The feed him goats milk (from the goats above) and he loves it when you scratch his neck. I've never been this close to a deer before, but I'm overjoyed I was able to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all your comments! Although please don't use this as your own advertising space or "follow for follow" spot. Thanks!