15 December, 2013

Review & Swatch: L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Amber Rush

Today I have a review of one of the L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadows. I've seen this floating around the internet and I saw somewhere someone had compared one of the shades to Stila's Kitten (??), but I've tried swatching all the shades that were close but they didn't look dupe-worthy to me. Either way when I saw the shade Amber Rush on sale for $5.99 at London Drugs, well, it was made to be. I seriously love amber or reddish bronze eyeshadows because they just work with my green eyes so effing well! But yeah, on to the review! 

L'Oreal really goes all out with promoting this product, saying that it's "the future of eyeshadow" and that its colour is "heightened to its highest heights!". Well DAMN. That's a claim and a half...

Okay, now on to actual product review. The packaging for this is a little tricky and weird. When you unscrew the lid there's a little stopper to keep the eyeshadow itself pressed down. Funny story, when I first got this home and tried to open it, it took the strength of all the Greek gods to open the darn thing. Seriously, it was sealed shut and (maybe) some crazy negative pressure thing going on inside. Those are my only qualms about the packaging, that it's a little tricky to operate and I have to either hold the stopper or place it carefully on the ground so it doesn't get dirty or lost. 


Amber Rush is an interesting shade. I thought it would be a little darker when applied but turns out it's a rose gold with undertones of warm amber bronze. It's very metallic which I love about this eyeshadow, making it perfect for a special occasion and paired with a cool-toned dark brown in the crease... oh my. 




These eyeshadow pots are a bit of a hybrid eyeshadow and cream. They are insanely soft and plush and smooth and everything beautiful. They blend like a dream and there is little to no fall out. L'Oreal, being the worlds largest cosmetics and beauty company, holds interest in a ton of other companies including Giorgio Armani, The Body Shop, and Urban Decay while its consumer products are brands such as Maybelline, Garnier, and Essie (source).  These have often been compared to the Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill eyeshadows, basically because they look the same and surprisingly have the same ingredients. Although, the Giorgio Armani colours look way more interesting and beautiful than the L'Oreal options which is probably why they can afford to price them at nearly 3x the amount. I did some serious research here folks, university hasn't left me to enjoy the holidays yet. 

These last all day on my eyelids which is stunning because my eyelids get seriously oily, so much so that some shadows hardly last a couple hours without minor creasing. By the way, I use the Too Faced Shadow Insurance for those issues. One thing I should mention is that I haven't found the ultimate way to apply these. When I use my finger I get good colour payoff but it's a little tricky to do, and when I use my elf eyeshadow brush the outcome is a little to sheer. Anyone have any recommendations?


These eyeshadow pots are great, seriously. They last all day and the shade range is a spectacular mix of neutral and peacock-esque colours. I will definitely be picking up another shade, I'm thinking Continuous Cocoa or Bronzed Taupe or whatever those shades are called, they seem to vary per region. When not on a sale, these shades will run you about $10.00 CAN, give or take a few dollars. As much as I recommend these, the fact that they are a pressed powder and mostly shimmer shades makes then a "special occasion eyeshadow" only, meaning there is no real need to get a bunch of these. They are a little time consuming to use but the finished look is stunning. 

**I just realized you can apply them wet! I know what I'm doing next time. 

Ingredients: Cyclohexasiloxane, Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Nylon-611/Dimethicone Copolymer, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, alcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol,Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Talc, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Lauroyl Lysine, Tin Oxide, Alumina, Polyurethane-11, [+/- May Contain / Peut Contenir: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 77000 / Aluminum Powder, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 77947 / Zinc Oxide, CI 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake,CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake]



No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all your comments! Although please don't use this as your own advertising space or "follow for follow" spot. Thanks!