15 July, 2013

Review and Swatch: Essence Long Lasting Eye Pencil

Hi everyone! 
I've been looking for a black eyeliner for a while, and I know it's practically a staple but I just didn't want to spend around $10 on a single liner. Makeup in Canada is much more expensive than the US, and I really don't understand why. The brand Essence is a German company whose "thing" (I can't find the right word!) is that nothing is over $5. Yes please! 
Let's take a look.


Company Description: This Long-Lasting Eyeliner allows a precise application and lasts for hours and hours. The super smooth texture makes it easy to apply for fantastic effects!


Packaging: Really simple, small, and black. Obviously.This eyeliner is the twist up kind with the very small point that doesn't need to be sharpened. The Essence logo is in bubbly letters which gives the whole product a very young-girl vibe. Also the website is like that as well! You know those kid games where you make your own cartoon model/character with her big eyes and lashes and pouty lips? That's basically what the website looks like. No joke. 


Colour: A solid jet black. I got the shade 01 Black Fever. 


Texture and Longevity: The texture of this pencil is surprisingly smooth. It glides on the eyes without pulling or tugging or just feeling dry. As for how it lasts, this baby can survive a swim in the ocean. Seriously, I've tried! It fades a little but it's still there throughout the day. It's a little tricky to get off but that's what makeup removers are for! 

Overall: For the price ($2.50CAN for Shoppers Drug Mart) this will be an eyeliner I repurchase and I rarely repurchase cosmetics! It's just a great, simple, black, cheap eyeliner. I would recommend this if you're on a budget. If you're not, there are tons of great highend eyeliners out there, but for now I'm sticking with this one. 

Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Mica, Synthetic Beeswax, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax), Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Myristyl Lactate, Silica, C30-45 Alkyl Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Myristyl Alcohol, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid, May Contain: Ci 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Ci 77000 (Aluminum Powder), Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide).

*This product was purchased by me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all your comments! Although please don't use this as your own advertising space or "follow for follow" spot. Thanks!