13 May, 2013

Review: Nyx Round Lipstick in Tea Rose

Hey all! 
I'm here with another quick review on the Nyx Round Lipstick in Tea Rose. I believe the brand has a bunch of their products with the name Tea Rose that all have about the same colour... and I have the lipstick! I added this to my collection last week from London drugs. I think it was about $6.99CAN but there was a 25% off deal going on.


 Company Description: NYX Extra Creamy Round Lipstick is our classic lipstick for all-year round. The mineral-based emollient formula offers a beautiful velvet texture, saturated color and it resists wear and smudging. It’s your go-to lipstick. From Pure Nude to Pink Lyric to Chic Red, Extra Creamy Round Lipstick is available in a jaw-dropping 124 shades.

Yes, there really are 124 shades. Take note that this product is also called "Lip Smacking Fun Colors" but I'm glad they didn't go with that. Very glad.



Packaging: This lipstick comes is a black plastic tube with the Nyx logo printed onto in white. On the bottom of the lipstick there's what seems to be a little pot of the same color, which is useful for storage. Not much to say about the packaging though.


Colour: The colour is a light rose, just like the name says. At first I thought it would be a bit too light for my skin but after more wear I decided that it's a nice flattering pink.There is a nice colour payoff too.

Texture & Longevity: The texture of this lipstick is standard, it's not super silky like the Rimmel Kate Moss Matte Lipsticks but it's not too thick. It feels normal to say the least. As for longevity, I would say this lipstick lasts 2-3 hours on me. The wear time is definitely cut in half if you are munchin' on food all day (oops!).

Overall: Hmm, overall this lipstick is pretty normal and there isn't much to say about it. It is a standard lipstick. I'm pretty impressed by how many shades Nyx has on their website, but London Drugs had about 10. I like the colour and texture; this is definitely a nice addition to my collection.

A Bit of Info: Those who are totally avoid parabens should stay away from this product. Personally, I only avoid products with parabens that I put all over my face. Also those who react to mineral oils should also stay away.

Ingredients: Round Lipstick Ceresin Wax, Polyethlene Wax, Microcrystalline Wax, Beeswax, Lanoline Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Mineral Oils, Octyl Palmitate, BHA, Propyl Paraben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, D&C Red No.A1 Lake, Pearl Powder, Iron Oxide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all your comments! Although please don't use this as your own advertising space or "follow for follow" spot. Thanks!