29 April, 2013

Review: Maybelline 24 Hour Color Tatto in Bad to the Bronze

 Hello everyone! This is my first review for this blog and it's on the forever talked about Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze. I have honestly heard so many good things about it, and I have been lusting for a easy lid colour for a while. Plus I didn't have a cream eyeshadow yet! I got mine at London Drugs in Vancouver for $8.99CAN, a bit much for drugstore buuut it's Canada.

Company Description:
  •  Dare to wear our longest-lasting shadow.
  • Our ink technology creates super-saturated color.
  • Cream gel smoothes on for vibrant color that does not fade. 


Packaging: The packaging for this cream eyeshadow is pretty sturdy. It comes in a small glass container with a screw top lid. Since it's heavy and solid it can be tightened a lot to keep the product from drying out. I house mine upside down because I have heard it keeps it from drying out as fast and I can see the colour easily that way. Personally, I love the silver lettering on the bottom. It looks chic and the silver goes very nicely against the bronze colour.
Colour: The colour of mine is a light metallic bronze (of course). When it's on my eye, it isn't as dark as it is in the jar but that's okay. I am in love with this brown bronze colour, it works perfectly for my olive-ish skin tone and I can wear it without any other makeup and it looks polished. 
Texture & Longevity: The texture of the Color Tatto's is very soft and creamy. It doesn't dry that quickly and when I apply it with my finger, I have time to blend it out and soften it. As of now, I haven't gone a full day with it on, but from the ~4 hours of wear I can assure you it does not crease or fade! I have pretty bad creasing with eyeshadows without a primer...
Overall: I really like the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze! It's such a great everyday colour for me that is so easy to apply. It doesn't crease and has a great formula! I will definitely be using this a lot as the last days of high school get more stressful. 
A Bit of Science Info: Polyethylene Terephthalate is one of the ingredients and is commonly used as a synthetic fiber for beverage and food container. I don't know if this is for the packaging of the Color Tattoo of if it is actually in the product. I hope it's in the packaging. Also the first ingredient, Cyclopentasiloxane, is noted to be an endocrine disruptor which has to do with your hormones. Overall, be careful and wise of what you buy. I didn't research this before hand but I think I should have.

Have you tried the Color Tattoos? If so, what are your favorite colours? How much do you consider the ingredients in a product?
Au revoir for now!
-Anastasia

*This product was purchased by me. 

Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Ceresin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alumina, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclomethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Caprylyl Glycol, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Tin Oxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Paraffin. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 16035 / Red 40 Lake, CI 77000 / Aluminum Powder, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 77400 / Bronze Powder, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 77400 / Copper Powder, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all your comments! Although please don't use this as your own advertising space or "follow for follow" spot. Thanks!