27 April, 2013

Firefighting! | Vancouver Youth Outreach Program

Hello everyone! Over the past week I did a Youth Academy program with the Vancouver Fire and Rescue Services where I was able to experience life and training as a firefighter. I had such an amazing time, I learned CPR and the proper use of fire extinguishers, how to "take a hydrant", how to properly take out, carry, and put away hose, and how to use Self Contained Breathing Apparatus'. It was a 5 day program with 24 other students from around Vancouver, and I was lucky enough to be chosen. Here are some photos of my week! 
 This is my team! Team Delta! WOO TRIANGLES.
 Haulin' some hose.
I'm the second from the front, helpin' spray some water. 

I had an amazing time with the 10 hour days to the hundreds of pushups. I would love to pursue something along these lines in the future, like a volunteer firefighter for a small community or town. I just loved how it incorporates physical activity and science. How perfect is that?! 

Have any of you wanted to be in emergency services? Or are thinking of joining one? Give me your feedback!
Au revoir for now... 
-Anastasia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all your comments! Although please don't use this as your own advertising space or "follow for follow" spot. Thanks!