01 May, 2013

April Favorites 2013!

WOO FIRST EVER FAVORITES!
I'm really excited for this post, plus happy May 1st everyone! Since I didn't wear much make up what with the firefighting thing and all, I decided to add in other non-beauty favorites! So here are my monthly faves..



BODY, FASHION, & OTHER

Tiger Balm in Strong
All those push-ups  and the 60 pound gear left me super duper sore, and I didn't want to go back to my capsicum cream because I fear for my eyes (it's made with chilli power and my eyes get itchy) so I picked this little savior up! I love Tiger Balm in general. It's the pain relief of the gods and needless to say, this guy saved my aching shoulders.

Black/Blue Jewel Necklace
Okay, there's a small of a story behind this... I went to London and Cyprus last summer with my family and my dad found this necklace on Aphrodite's Beach. At the time I didn't think it was that beautiful but then I fell in love with the leather strap and the blue tinge of the stone once I wore it. 

IKEA Scented Candle in Cinnamon Apple
I just love IKEA candles, and this scent is so sweet and yummy that I want more of them.

Two Fingers and Lightning Bolt by Jake Bugg
I recently found Jake Bugg through Rolling Stone Mag and he sounds like Bob Dylan and these two songs are so chill but upbeat. Love love love.

live clean Body Lotion with Argan Oil
I have recently gone through an argan oil craze and although this stuff has a very little amount, the lotion itself is very light, soaks into the skin very quickly, and doesn't feel greasy in the slightest. Mixed with a tad argan oil, it's perfect for a glowing day moisturizer. This moisturizer is 98% plant derived, organic, pure vegan, petroleum, silicone, mineral oil, paraben, pthalate, dye, DEA, and phosphate free. This is perfect because I'm really trying to stay away from parabens and pthalates when it comes to face/body products.

MAKEUP AND NAILS

Maybelline Color Whisper in Petal Rebel
I got this with my boyfriend when I had a coupon, but honestly how cute is the name? Petal Rebel! So cute! This colour is very spring and it's a nice bubblegum pink on me. It's pretty sheer but can be built up, so I have been wearing it a lot on lazy days. What I find really weird is that the company's name isn't listed ANYWHERE on the packaging! Are they trying to distance the Color Whisper line from Maybelline?


Rimmel London Kate Moss Matte Lipstick in 104
I'm kind of bummed out that this colour is just a number but everything about these lipsticks is so great I don't mind. It is a lot lighter than the picture (think deepened plum/pink), it smells like strawberry candies, and has a great satin feel.


Rimmel London Lasting Finish Pro in 260 Gold Silk
For a short time, I had a sample of Kitten by Stila, so think that type of colour but more refined and in a nail polish. Very chic and simple.

Covergirl Outlast Stay Brilliant in 305
This was a gift from my aunt and I love the colour. I love the metallic look for nails all year round, and this one is a beautiful royal purple with a shimmer of blue. 

So those are my favorites from April! Have you tried any of these before? Have you ever tried the argan oil trend?

Until next time!
-Anastasia


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all your comments! Although please don't use this as your own advertising space or "follow for follow" spot. Thanks!