01 October, 2013

Review and Swatch: Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Crush

Happy October! I hope you all had a great September, hopefully it wasn't too stressful and sad to be leaving the sun. I bought this lip product a while back and fell in love instantly. I had always stared at the Revlon lip section with awe because there are just so many colours and choices... how can I choose?! After too many trips to Shoppers, I finally decided to buy the Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain (which I am going to notate as JBKBS because holy MOLY that is too long of a name). I picked mine up at Shoppers for around $8CAN. 



Revlon describes these as "a pampering balm fused with a lightweight lipstain in an adorable chubby crayon. Just Bitten Kissable™ Balm Stain gives softer, smoother lips with a perfect flush of colour that lasts hour after hour. The gel formula comes in 12 vibrant shades that match any look or mood." I don't know how I feel about their description, half of it is correct and the other half is just added to sell. 


The packaging is sweet. I like the silver bottom that twists up the product, very reminiscent of the Clinique Chubby Sticks. It's also convenient how the packaging matches the colour of the actual product. I like it when they do that... 

The colour I bought, Crush, is a dark red berry colour that is so insanely flattering. It has a slightly glossy finish which makes your lips look plump and moisturized, but not swollen. Ew. This lasts ridiculously long too! I would say it lasts about 5-6 hours, and the slight stain it does leave continues the wear time even further.

mmmm glossy prettyness...

From their description, you would think that these are smooth and moisturizing but I need to put a lip balm on beforehand because I find that it goes on a little more evenly. This also has a hard, waxy texture to it that I didn't expect. The hardness of the product means that I have to layer it to get full colour payoff, but it also means that it's going to take me forever to finish this little guy! 

Overall I really like the JBKBS and recommend them for people who want a no-fuss lip product that will last you ages. Crush is also a great fall colour for anyone who is on the look out! It's not tricky to apply and the colour stays on your lips for most of the day. I know some people aren't a fan of the crayon style but I like it because it's simple. I'm not too sure I would buy other colours though, the rest in the range are very "pinky" and just not the colours I would wear. 

Ingredients: Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, BIS-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Squalane, BIS-Behenyl/Isostearyl/Phytosteryl Dimer Dilinoleyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Polyethylene, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Triisostearin, Diisostearyl Malate, Cera Microcrystallina ((Microcrystalline Wax) Cire Microcristalline), Trimethylolpropane Triethylhexanoate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Polyamide-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Mentha Piperita ((Peppermint) Oil (Mentha Piperita Oil), Limonene, Sorbic Acid, May Contain/Peut Contenir [+/-: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 27 (CI 45410), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Orange 5 (CI 45370), Red 21 (CI 45380), Red 33 (CI 17200), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)].

*This product was purchased by me with my own money. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all your comments! Although please don't use this as your own advertising space or "follow for follow" spot. Thanks!