23 September, 2013

Review & Swatch: Nyx Cream Blush in Boho Chic

I haven't been that active blogging lately. University has started and I'm trying to keep up with mounting projects and readings. For some reason I'm taking five course for my first semester ever and it's going okay! They're art courses so it's a little more relaxed. 
But anyway I had been lusting over Nyx Cream Blushes for a while, but I could never find them in Canada. That was until I decided to step inside a Pharmasave. They had a few makeup stands from the major lines but what caught my eye was the Nyx stand! They have one in London Drugs but they don't seem to carry their cream blushes. There is a downside to all of this though, and that would be that the prices are double. Not even joking. I had a bit of extra cash saved and decided "what the heck!". This blush retails in Canada for $11.99. (crazy, I know.) 
Company Description: NYX Cream Blush features a velvety smooth formula that provides radiant, long-lasting color as it imparts a fresh, dewy natural glow.

Packaging: Simple black with a clear lid with the Nyx logo printed on it. The lid does seem a bit wobbly, like a can shift it back and forth. 


Color: A cool toned pink with TOO MUCH GLITTER! Well, it's not glitter per say but it's shimmer. And there's a lot of it! I have to admit, it is a very pretty pink to look at, and it brightens up the face nicely. 

Blended swatch.
Texture and Longevity: I have nothing to compare this cream blush to, well, nothing that I own at least. Compared to the Bobbi Brown Pot Rouges (which I was seriously considering during my "phase"...), these have a very watery consistency. They are a lot thinner which could be beneficial because you could layer it nicely. I would prefer a thicker texture. I would say these have a pretty good wear time. They last throughout the day for my which is around 4-6 hours. 


Overall: I'm on the fence about this specific cream blush. I really like the colour and the idea of a pink glow, but because of the sparkle I don't see myself using it that much. I will use it if I go out but probably not most school days. I'm not sure how to apply it either, I tried dabbing it on with my fingers then blending it out with the Real Techniques Stippling Brush and that looked okay. It definitely blended smoothly... In the end, I want to love this product but I don't know if I can! Gosh that sounded dramatic. I think I need a bit more time. 

Ingredients: Ceresin Wax, Microcrystalline Wax, Polyethylene Wax, Beeswax, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Mineral Oils, Isopropyl Myristate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Lanolin, Diisostearyl Malate, Corn Starch Modified, Mica, Silica, Titanium dioxide, Butylated Hydroxy Anisole, Propyl Paraben.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all your comments! Although please don't use this as your own advertising space or "follow for follow" spot. Thanks!