12 July, 2013

Review: Alba Botanica Very Emollient Facial Sunscreen SPF30

 After watching chealeawear's vlogs on her melanoma experiences, I have been trying to wear sunscreen as much as possible. As a child I was always fearing when my mother would slather me with a super greasy sunscreen and wouldn't fully rub it in, leaving white blotches all over me. Thus starting my avoidance to sunscreens. Anyhoo, I just had to go out and get myself some new sunscreens and this was one of them! I bought this sunscreen at London drugs for around $9CAN. 



Alba Botanica is a brand I have always really liked. They are eco-conscious and steer away from the chemical nasties that are in a lot of skin and body products. I also read a review from Paula Begoun that this was one of their best sunscreens at a decent price, so why not! It's UVA-UVB protection comes from mineral-based protection such as titanium dioxide. This sunscreen is intended for use on the face only, which I guess is why it comes in smaller package. It's fragrance free which is always a must when it comes to face products, as well as paraben free. 

As for the sunscreen itself, I really really like it. It's so lightweight and sinks in quickly. There's hardly any white residue left behind and besides the smell of the sunscreen ingredients, it's truly fragrance free! A dime sized amount is enough to cover my whole face. I haven't broken out from this sunscreen yet so that is always a plus! I think I did with the Hawaiian Tropic sunscreen (featured in my birthday haul) when I used that on my face; I'm sure it's because it's highly fragranced. 

Overall: I highly recommend this sunscreen! It's a great facial sunscreen, as the name suggests and at a great price point too. With no fragrance, no parabens, and proper UVA-UVB protection. According to Paula's review, this is great for people with dry skin and "the shea butter, plant oils, and plant extracts provide an antioxidant boost that helps the skin further defend itself from sun damage." How great is that?! 

Got worried over the increasing heat? What are your go to protections for it? Please comment with your stories! 

Ingredients:Active Ingredients: Homosalate 7.5%, octocrylene 7.5%, ethylhexyl salicylate 5.0%, titanium dioxide 2.0%.

Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (water), glycerin, cetearyl olivate, cetyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate SE, sorbitan olivate, dimethicone, VP/hexadecene copolymer, caprylic / capric triglyceride, aloe barbadensis leaf juice*, calendula officinalis flower extract*, chamomilla recrutita (matriciaria) flower extract*, ginkgo biloa leaf extract, myrtus communis leaf extract, panax ginseng root extract, vitis vinifera (grape) seed extract, sodium stearoyl glutamate, tocopheryl acetate, xanthan gum, benzyl alcohol, ethylhexylglycerin, phenoxyethanol, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate.
*Certified Organic Ingredient.

*This product was purchased by me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all your comments! Although please don't use this as your own advertising space or "follow for follow" spot. Thanks!